Pages

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Working Away on the Nanny's Quarters

 The Nanny's Quarter's of my Greenleaf Garfield/Thumbelina Dollhouse is being planned out right now.  The tiny lamps are hooked into the electrical, but they are not stationary yet.  I love the rosebud lampshades and brass fixtures I purchased from Ms. Peggy's Place in Pacific Beach, California.  I cut out the velvet for the carpeting and have also cut the baseboards.  Still lots of work to do!
I have begun to install the beadboard and wood detail in the third floor hallway.  I will be painting the staircases in my mini house with gold detailing and adding more wood detail to them.  The ornate roman-like shade with sheer austruan shades I made from some leftover fabric samples.  I tied each of the tiny bows by hand from some Samuel and Sons Passmenterie.  I will be filling in the beadboard with wood fill and painting over it.

No comments:

Post a Comment