Pages

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

The Little Oil Paintings

Today I sized and printed out paintings by some of my favorite artists of all time.  I love French artist's work-that of Monet, Manet, Degas and Renoir.  As a little girl I used to have a poster of the little painting you see in the front entitled "La Loge" by Renoir.  All of the mini painting images I chose, because I have a strong, personal connection to them.  One of the paintings by Monet I tried to replicate on my wall as a young girl in my bedroom.  My father used to take me to the museum as a child, and I memorized most of the French Impressionists at four years old.   

The painting I framed a the top of the little girls at the seaside is by Edward Henry Potthast who was an American Impressionis Painter who lived from 1857-1927.  This lovely painting has always reminded me of my sister and I playing at Chautauqua Lake.  The card table the petite paintings sit on is actually from Chatauqua!  To complete the paintings I simply took ready-made frames with a backing.  I sized and printed the images on acid-free paper.  I trimmed them out.  Then, I cut pieces of acetate to create a glass-like piece in front of the painting to give it a nice shine.  I put them together with Alene's tcaky glue.  Voila!

The Thumbelina depicted on the left in a Painting by Rita Auerbach.  My parents have one of her works of Chautauqua's Bestor Plaza above their sofa in the living room.  Her work is gorgeous and brings me happy memories.  You can visit her on the web at http://www.ritaauerbachpaintings.com/.

No comments:

Post a Comment