Pages

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

A work in progress...

The exterior of the Thumbelina has been painted, and the siding has been glued on.  I will be gluing down the loose siding and add more pink paint when I come back around.  I was once told in college that you have to keep the entire art piece a working project.  Do not do one part and be finished.  The piece has to flow together.
The drapery treatments are in, but I have to go back and clean them up.  I used satin and lace to execute them.  I added extra gingerbread window trim from some movable attic windows.  Victorian houses were typically built with differentiating trims in the early 1900's.  The little resin wreaths add French appeal.  I was very excited to find them!

Adding detailed wood trim has been fun.  Being an interior designer I love little details.  The crystal door knobs add something extra special to The Thumbelina.

2 comments: